As of Feb. 22nd, 2011, the instructions under the google apps control panel do not show how to edit the (MX) records for ipage.com webhosting. See below for instructions on how to change your mail exchange records.
- Log into your ipage.com control panel.
- On the top navigation, mouse over “Domain”, then click on “DomainCentral”
- You will then see a list of your domains. Click on the domain you wish to add the MX records. Do not check box, nor click on any other links. Simply click on the domain name, ie: xyz.com.
- Once you click on your domain, a drop down of buttons will appear. Named: Pointers – Transfer – Contact – DNS – etc…
- Click on “DNS”.
- The DNS heading should now appear with a drop down menu. Click the drop down, and select MX Records
- After the selection, you will see of the records. Click under the “Action” drop down menu and select “Remove”, and remove any non-google pointers. I would suggest to remove all of them and insert the google address below.
- Add these MX servers one by one into your MX records:
Priority MX Server Address 10 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 20 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 20 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM 30 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM 30 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Note: The numbers go into the “Priority” box, and the MX server addresses go into the “Points To” box. The “Host” field can stay empty.
- Once added, please wait up to 24 hours for the settings to take effect.
That’s it. It’s that simple
NOTE: For the Host field, insert @